The Black Hawk Casino is committed to responsible gaming. Our dedicated staff is trained to quickly recognize symptoms and provide help when you need it most. Compulsive gambling signs seem obvious, but compulsive gamblers will go to great lengths to deny or cover up their gambling problem.
How can you tell if you could be at risk? Ask yourself these questions as identified by the National Council on Problem Gaming:
- Have you often gambled longer than you had planned?
- Have you often gambled until your last dollar was gone?
- Have thoughts of gambling caused you to lose sleep?
- Have you used your income or savings to gamble while letting your bills go unpaid?
- Have you made repeated, unsuccessful attempts to stop gambling?
- Have you broken the law or considered breaking the law to finance your gambling?
- Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you felt depressed because of your gambling issues?
- Have you gambled to get money to meet your financial obligations?
How to ask for help: You can ask any Black Hawk Casino employee for help and information. If you or someone you know is suffering from compulsive gambling, then you can also contact the Problem Gambling Help line. The helpline will answer your questions and to offer confidential, non-judgmental assistance at (800) 522-4700.